Executive Director, Discovery of Pharmacology
Reporting to the SVP, Head of Early Drug Discovery
Leading a multifunction, internal team of 10-15 scientists focused on the characterization of small molecule ligands using a variety of high throughput and precision structural, biophysical, and biochemical methodologies. Working collaboratively across the discovery platform, including Protein Sciences, DNA Encoded Chemistry and Screening, Medicinal Chemistry, Cellular Biology, and in vivo Pharmacology to identify, characterize and advance novel small molecule binders and inhibitors directed against a range of therapeutic targets. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in the design, development & execution of a variety of biophysical and biochemical assays for both classic as well as difficult drug targets.
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Biophysics, or related eld with 10+ years of post-degree
- Kick-off meeting with Head of Discovery Biology & Head of Talent Acquisition.
- Initial consultation with 70+ prospective candidates
- Fully screened 27 of the candidates
- Qualified and presented 11 of the candidates to the client
- Of the 11 candidates shortlisted, 3 were female and 4 were racial minorities
- 7 executives of the 11 shortlisted candidates were invited to first round interviews with the client.
- 5 progressed to the second stage.
- 2 progressed to meet with the Executive Leadership Team.
- One was selected, offered, and accepted the position.
“The quality of candidates was superior to our expectations, and the PPG Advisory Partners’ Executive Search team made our search seem easy despite the current challenging market conditions when recruiting niche talent in our industry.”