This Privacy Notice ("Notice") describes how we, Planet Pharma Group Ltd, and our affiliates, parent companies and associated offices (collectively "Planet Pharma," "we," "us," "our") collect, use, and share personal information. We provide recruitment services ("Client Services") to support the sourcing of candidates for temporary and permanent position within our clients business ("Clients").When we receive information for our own purposes in order to supply services, the processing of that information is described by this Notice. You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
- Types Of Information We Collect
- Use And Processing Of Information
- Sharing Of Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Contact Information
Types Of Information We Collect
Our information collection practices are determined by whether you have a relationship with us and/or the type of Services we have been retained by a particular company to provide. We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business. This Privacy Notice applies to our candidates, other people we may have contact with to find out more about our candidates or whose details have been provided in the event of an emergency, our clients and our suppliers. The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect about individuals based on how they interact with us, and based upon the Services we have been asked to perform.
Visitors to our Website
The following describes information we collect from individuals who contact us or who use our websites, applications, content and related features (collectively, the “website”).
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message or click on any links or banners it contains.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information.|
|Support||If you contact us for support (by e-mail or by phone) we will collect your name, e-mail address, phone number, country, state/province, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and responding to, your inquiries or issues.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, referring website, URL clickstream data, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
The following describes information we collect from our Clients in connection with performing Client Services.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Information about Clients||We collect the name, and contact information, of our Clients and their employees with whom we may interact.||We have a legitimate interest in contacting our Clients and communicating with them concerning normal business administration such as services and billing.|
|Providing communications platforms for our clients||We collect the name, and contact information, of our Clients and their employees with whom we may interact||We use the information to perform Client Services in accordance with the instructions of our Clients. Our Clients, in turn, are expected to have a lawful purpose in processing such information.|
|Providing consulting services to our clients||We collect the name, and contact information, of our Clients and their employees with whom we may interact||We use information providing by our clients to us to perform Client Services in accordance with the instructions of our Clients. Our Clients, in turn, are expected to have a lawful purpose in processing such information.|
The following describes information we collect from or about candidates in connection with providing our services to you:
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Information about candidates||We will collect personal information about you to enable us to assess how we can assist you if we reasonably believe you might be interested in our specific services and to offer you employment opportunities, which are tailored to your circumstances and interests. We will also collect personal information about you in order to confirm that you are entitled to work in certain countries.
The types of personal data that may be collected from you will include:
The types of special category data (as that term is defined under EU law) that may be collected from you will include:
|We have a legitimate interest in assessing whether you may be interested in or benefit from our recruitment services. It is also in our interests and your interests for us to identify how we can help you with your job search.
We also have a legitimate interest to provide you with our recruitment services and to help you find employment and, in the event you are chosen for a position, help with the arrangements of securing the position.
If you have entered or are about to enter into a contract with us or if you are making a request in the course of doing so, we may rely on the performance of a contract legal basis to the extent that the processing activity that we are seeking to conduct is necessary for the purposes of the contract or your request
In some cases, we process your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations.
For the special category data collected this will only be collected and processed in the following circumstances:
|Reference information provided by or obtained from third parties||We will also collect information about you from third parties where required, this may include:
||We have a legitimate interest in verifying that all of the information that you have provided to us regarding past employment is true and accurate and to obtain references about your prior conduct as part of the process of finding you employment.|
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Job Applicants||If you apply for a job posting we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number or National Insurance Number. Providing this information is required in some jurisdictions to be considered for employment.||We use information about job applicants in anticipation of a contract of employment. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about applicants. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to evaluate candidates for job openings. In some cases, we may share certain non-sensitive information with Clients in order to comply with our legal requirements.|
|Employees and Former Employees||If you become an employee, the type of information that we collect will be described in our separate Employee Privacy Notice.||Our purposes for collecting and using employee, and former employee, information are described in a separate Employee Privacy Notice.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application we may conduct a background check.
To the extent we maintain and use personal information in a deidentified form, we will not attempt to reidentify the information, except for the purpose of determining whether our deidentification processes satisfy our legal obligations.
Use And Processing Of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or contact us.
- To provide our website and related services and improve the website and related services.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our services.
- For internal administrative purposes, including complaints resolution, troubleshooting of our website, data analysis, quality control, staff training, testing of new features, research, statistical and survey purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- To ensure the security of our business and to prevent and detect fraud.
- To provide Client Services, including processing information in accordance with the instructions of our Clients.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, where we provide Client Services, we may collect information to perform our contract with our Client, but we also collect information as we have a legitimate interest in complying with our legal and regulatory obligations in the countries in which we operate. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing Of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this Notice, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Advertising and Marketing Partners. We share information with our advertising and marketing partners who enable us, for example, to deliver personalized ads to your devices or who may contact you by mail, email, telephone, text message or by other means.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We share information with our corporate affiliates (g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Clients and Third Parties As Directed By Our Clients. Where we process information on behalf of our Clients, we share your non-sensitive information with our Clients and other third parties as directed by our Clients. On some occasions we may share background check information, such as criminal record checks, with our clients but only with your explicit consent.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Notice.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information to public authorities, such as HMRC, tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, courts and other public bodies where we are required by law to do so and, where applicable, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We share your information with suppliers and service providers. Among other things service providers help us to host and administer our website, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in providing our Client Services.
- The Group and Prospective Employers. We may share your information with any of the companies with the Group to find you a role and/or for administrative purposes. We may also share your information with other prospective employers to secure a placement and, if you are successful, to enable the placement to proceed.
- Pension providers. We share your information with pension providers in order to facilitate access to the scheme.
Depending on your country’s laws, you may make the following choices regarding your personal information. Depending upon the type of request that you make, and the nature of any Client Services that we are providing, we may respond to your request directly, or forward your request to our Clients so that they can respond to you directly.
- Access To Your Personal Information. For information that we collect on our own behalf, we will grant you, where required by law, reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. In some circumstances, you may request access to or confirmation about the personal information that we have about you in a portable format. If we are processing your personal information on behalf of one of our Clients, we will forward your request to that Client and await instructions on whether access should be granted. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. You may request that we update or correct any inaccurate or incomplete information by contacting us at the address described below. If we are processing your personal information on behalf of one of our Clients, we will forward your request to that Client and await instructions on any changes that they believe are appropriate. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete personal information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, comply with the instructions of our Clients, or for another one of our business purposes. If we are processing your personal information on behalf of our Clients, we will forward your request to that Client and await instructions from them on whether your information should be deleted.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. For example, California residents may be entitled to object to the processing of sensitive personal information for certain purposes. If we collect your personal information as part of our performance of Client Services, we will forward your objection to our Client so that they can determine the appropriate response.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive, or by contacting us at the address described below. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
- Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below. If we collect your personal information as part of our performance of Client Services, we will forward your revocation of consent to our Client so that they can determine the appropriate response.
- California Shine the Light. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please submit a written request to us using the information in the Contact Information section below.
We do not discriminate against individuals exercising rights conferred by statute. Please address written requests and questions about your rights to email@example.com or call us at +44 (0)203 868 1000
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the email address we have on file, or the date of your last correspondence with us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files. If you disagree with our response to your rights request, you may appeal the decision by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our group of companies. As a result your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, Australia, Japan, the United States, and the United Kingdom. In such cases, we have put in place organizational and legal measures to ensure that data transfers are lawfully conducted. Such measures include the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below. You may also request a copy of any Standard Contractual Clauses we use for the transfer of your data outside of the EEA or UK, which includes the categories of information transferred, by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Information for California Residents. California law indicates that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information collected or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose.” You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect and share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing please submit a written request to us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Planet Pharma Group Ltd
Data Protection Officer
Olliver, Aske, Richmond
North Yorkshire, DL10 5HX
+44 (0)1748 828800
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union or the United Kingdom, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Last Revised: 25 October 2023
Effective Date: 25 October 2023